Friday, October 10, 2008

Our First Week

Well, we've been here one week now. It's been a crazy week, but it's been nice to put all the mess of selling our house behind us! Now comes the daunting task of unpacking, organizing, finding our own place to rent, and getting things started on building our house! What fun we have to look forward to! We leave one mess behind and start four more! That's what life is all about! Enjoying the journey not the destination!
Shane is getting up pretty early to get to work now. Was it worth moving and adding a 40 minute commute just to be in the country surrounded by wide open spaces and fresh air? I think it just might be worth it, but ask me in another six months and it might be different. You'll have to ask Shane too!
Heidi is still sick a little from being pregnant. I wonder when or if it will pass. But it's comforting to know that I am sick which means I'm still pregnant. I love being home with Lizzy, just the two of us... sort of. She is just a joy to me and I savor every moment I have with her!
Jessica is loving first grade in her new school. Today they are going swimming and mommy is going to volunteer help. I'm looking forward to helping out not wearing my "fat suit" though. Jessica has made many friends already but forgets their names.
Lizzy is a huge help around the house. Somedays it seems she's attached to my hip! She follows me around asking if she can help or if she can do it for me. What a sweetheart she is. I'll be sad when she starts school next year.
It is rumored that it will snow here tomorrow. All I can say is BRING IT ON! I'm ready for the next 9 months of winter! The girls and I had so much fun last winter with all the snow we got! We made snowmen, snowforts or atleast tried, rode the sleigh around the yard, had snowball fights and let's not forget the endless hot chocolate we drank! People that know I grew up in Washingtion state ask if I miss the rain. ABSOULETLY NOT! I would take the 9 months of snow over 9 months of rain any day! I love winter and all the fun that comes with it. Plus all the holidays during winter helps make winter pretty special too! I loved growing up in Washington, but love living where we are! Life in our first week in coalville has been great! New friends, new home, new adventures!
Tonight the girls and I are going to have our monthly celebration of the night is what the girls call it. We get in our prettiest pajamas, paint our nails, put on our makeup, do our hair, eat popcorn and watch chick flicks! No boys allowed, except for daddy! So bring on the chick flick, the fun and glamor! I love having girls!

No comments: